Monday, April 21, 2008

not as tree-huggy as billed

I was always under the impression that Oregonians loved their trees. But me and the girls spent the morning watching our neighbors two huge, beautiful evergreens get cut down. It was kind of sad watching those lovely healthy boughs get lopped off and come crashing to the ground. And then to see it all get put through a wood chipper - it was entertaining, but a little mystifying. Our neighbors yard now has no shade and no privacy. And our view has two fewer trees and two bedroom windows more. With the trees gone, let's just hope they keep their curtains closed.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh no!! I bet that was a bit shocking! How strange.

Mary said...

I wonder why they did that? Crazy!

Faith said...

It always makes me sad when healthy trees are cut down. (maybe it's a little hypocritical of me since I like making things out of wood). But to just turn them into wood chips! What a waste.

Deb said...

so sad! i hate it when trees are cut down, especially nice big beautiful trees that hide the neighbors. :)