Tuesday, April 15, 2008

spring surprises

Buying a house in the winter makes springtime one big revelation. I had no idea we had this



Or this


Or all of these!

Thank you, Previous Owners, for planting a million of my favorite bulb! I love my tulips. We had a warning for a really bad frost one night, so I went out and covered my little tulip babies in some old sheets. I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy, but at least my tulips were standing up straight in the morning!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love spring too, and all the new flowers blooming. We are hoping to plant some bulbs--i hope they grow.

Lynette said...

What beautiful tulips...i love spring!

Jennie Z said...

What a beautiul yard! I had never thought about the surprises you might find in the spring after buying in the winter. What fun!!

the design boss said...

They are beautiful! Look at all your hard work!